Registration and Payment
Mailing AddressMBU @ WVU
Attn: Dr. Daniel W. McNeil
- In the event that the registration fee would disallow any Scout from participating, contact the MBU Coordinator, Dr. Dan McNeil, about a scholarship.
Scouts should complete prerequisite requirements as described on the MBU list of prerequisites, and should bring proof of completion to MBU. Also, scouts should read the merit badge pamphlet prior to MBU. Merit badge pamphlets are available on-line (on paper or electronically) at www.scoutstuff.org or at the Mountaineer Area Council, BSA office in Fairmont.
8:45-9am Opening Ceremony
9:15am-12:15pm Merit Badge Session 1
1:30-5pm Merit Badge Session 2
5-5:30pm Check out
What to Wear
Boy Scouts must wear their “Class A” uniform. Girl Scouts must be in uniform as well. Scouts should dress to be prepared to walk across campus, even if cold or raining/snowing.
What to Bring
- Notebook and pen/pencil for taking notes and participating in the merit badge class.
- Appropriate outerwear and shoes for walking across campus, even in inclement weather.
- For Boy Scouts, your completed blue card (with unit leader's signature) if you did not mail it in prior to event.
- You may wish to bring money for a trading post with patches, other Scouting items, and snacks.
The day will begin and end at the WVU Student Recreation Center. Scouts will move to various WVU facilities for badges, and the day will end at the Rec Center.
2001 Rec Center Drive, Morgantown, WV 26506 Map
Code of Conduct
hile at MBU, scouts, leaders, parents, and any accompanying persons are expected
to act in accordance with the Boy Scout Oath and Law or the Girl Scout Promise
and Law. Participation is contingent upon agreement to the MBU Code of Conduct
available on the MBU website.