Registration and Payment
- MBU is open to any currently registered Boy Scout or Girl Scout.
- There are 21 merit badges being offered across a diverse range of disciplines, including 7 that are “Eagle-required” for Boy Scouts. See the list of badges available from the home page of this web site.
- Prior registration and payment for MBU is required, and is preferred to be on-line.
- The cost is $15 (including lunch and a patch). Prior payment for MBU is required and can be submitted electronically through a separate web site. That web link is available at the end of the registration form.
- Boy Scouts must mail in a completed merit badge “blue card” (with unit leader signature) prior to MBU.
- If you prefer, you can register on paper, and mail in the required forms:
Mailing AddressAttn: Dr. Daniel W. McNeil MBU @ WVU
- Pre-registration is available only until February 17. Late and on-the-spot registrations will be processed on the day of MBU, February 25. There is very limited availability on-the-spot.
- Registration is accepted only on-line or by mail, and not at the Mountaineer Area Council, BSA office.
- Space is limited; first-come, first-served. Certain classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Scouts and parents/caregivers will be e-mailed a confirmation of payment, and a separate confirmation of the registration. The registration confirmation will be sent later, but within 5 business days of submission.
- In the event that the registration fee would disallow any Scout from participating, contact the MBU Coordinator, Dr. Dan McNeil, about a scholarship.
Scouts should complete prerequisite requirements as described on the MBU list of prerequisites, and should bring proof of completion to MBU. Also, scouts should read the merit badge pamphlet prior to MBU. Merit badge pamphlets are available on-line (on paper or electronically) at www.scoutstuff.org or at the Mountaineer Area Council, BSA office in Fairmont.
8:45-9am Opening Ceremony
9:15am-12:15pm Merit Badge Session 1
1:30-5pm Merit Badge Session 2
5-5:30pm Check out
What to Wear
Boy Scouts must wear their “Class A” uniform. Girl Scouts must be in uniform as well. Scouts should dress to be prepared to walk across campus, even if cold or raining/snowing.
What to Bring
- Notebook and pen/pencil for taking notes and participating in the merit badge class.
- Appropriate outerwear and shoes for walking across campus, even in inclement weather.
- For Boy Scouts, your completed blue card (with unit leader's signature) if you did not mail it in prior to event.
- You may wish to bring money for a trading post with patches, other Scouting items, and snacks.
The day will begin and end at the WVU Student Recreation Center. Scouts will move to various WVU facilities for badges, and the day will end at the Rec Center.
2001 Rec Center Drive, Morgantown, WV 26506 Map
Code of Conduct
While at MBU, scouts, leaders,
parents, and any accompanying persons are expected to act in accordance
with the Boy Scout Oath and Law or the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
Participation is contingent upon agreement to the MBU Code of Conduct
available on the MBU website.